Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

We can't get rid of the EARS!

Sean and I had the joy of cleaning out his room this past week. We went through all of his old high school/middle school/elementary school stuff and I really enjoyed getting to know the awkward Sean from elementary school days. (Who knew he got sent to the principal's office on a daily basis?)

We came across a lot of things he could not bear to part with. Such as these:



Sean: But Teisha! What's wrong with the mouse ears?

Me: Sean? What's right with the mouse ears?

Sean: I can't get rid of these...

Me: Really? Where are we going to put them?

Sean: Above our bed!





That has become our running joke. Whenever we can't bear to part with something that is from our "single" days we say it's going above our bed :)

We did very well. Filled up 7 or 8 trashbags for goodwill, one bag of trash, and two bins of things he wanted to keep. And other than the Mickey hat I don't think he threw anything out he really wanted.

We ran across his true love waits card that he signed in 2002 pledging to keep himself pure for his wife and it was the sweetest thing ever. (It made me cry...just a little..)

We had a great time laughing at old pictures and reading old love notes from each other back from high school.

It was a fun "getting married" experience with many more to come.

No comments: