There's this wonderful woman in my life. Let's call her "Mom." She has the strongest will power and strength of any one I have ever met. Let's talk about her strength first.
I never realized the time and energy that comes with running a household. The laundry, kitchen, cleaning, seems never ending and there are only two of us! Multiply my household by 3 and you get what my mom deals with. I can't even imagine it most days. (And really we should multiply by more because she has two (almost) teenage boys! :))
And then there's her will power. Because when the house is all clean, (or the cleaning gets pushed aside, like it did today) there is a whole day of shopping to do. The stores are practically empty, (and if you go 12-2 it's naptime and it's REALLY quiet) and you have hours of daylight to just browse through TJ-Maxx for all those things you really need .
And you might just be going to look.
But then you stumble across this adorable beach bag you just HAVE to have.
(Nevermind that I have over 6 of these, and I don't
have ANY beach trip planned, or any beach within a 100 mile radius!)

Or this bib that is 90% off. (Nevermind that I bought the First Thanksgiving, and First Christmas one too...or the fact that he won't be in this one for 394 days!)

Or this Boppy: (actually this one was semi justifiable).

But $100 dollars, 4 bags, and 2 hours later you realize your defintion of "look" is probably NOT the same as your husbands. And you must
quickly come up with a very good explanation for the wonderful afternoon you had and why the house is so spic and span dirty.
*A favorite line of mine is "You'll never guess how much money I saved you...."
Although this must be used with caution or they will catch on!
So Mom, please teach me where you get your strength...and your will power. Because if I ever want to stay at home, I'm going to need a lot of both!
No comments:
Post a Comment