Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Four years flying by...

Four years ago to the weekend, I logged in to UT's website and saw a "Congratulations" email....


And now here I am addressing graduation announcements. I feel like it went by in the blink of an eye. Really.

I remember interviews, and hearing P4's say "it flys by..." 

I will admit there are several times I didn't believe them. Like the time we had our med chem test underneath the IM soccer game, or the week P1 year where we had 10 exams in 10 days, or the late Tuesday nights and early Wednesday mornings P2 year. (Or during orientation, listening to particular speakers...)

Although their were several times we felt like this...
(I wonder where this sign ended up....)

But the Tuesday night bingos, Wednesday night Spazmatics, Thursday night Konas, and Friday/Saturday nights downtown made those endless nights of studying much more bearable. 


The inside jokes, the laughs, the cries, and the worries after worries of test, projects, labs, practicals, and presentations......at some point during the last four years we became a family. Celebrations, tragedies, and the sheer fear we all felt bonded us together to a point that outsiders just won't understand. 


Three more weeks and our schooling is done,  but all we have left to learn is just beginning. 


As this chapter ends, and we go our separate ways, I now believe them when they say 'it really does fly by...'



No comments: