Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Check the crockpot

Tonight I made one of those dinners. The kind you get half way through and think 'Crap! I should've taken a picture of that; it was so pretty, and semi-healthy.'

Then I can post said picture on my facebook page and everyone can think I eat healthy all the time.

But, really--- it was that good.

Around 1pm I put all my ingredients for bourbon chicken in the crockpot. Turned it on low, and  walked away.

Came back around 4 for a taste test and it was still frozen solid.

Somewhere around 1:30 a huge storm had rolled through.

Thanks power outage. Luckily I managed to save it. Cooked on high for a couple of hours and almost as good new.

I also found a new favorite brand of frozen green beans. So good I can't even remember what they are called. Sauteed them with onions and spices and yum!

So today's life lesson: When life gives you a power outage; check the crockpot. 



No comments: