Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

guest list- in progress!

So I only got four hours of sleep last night, and ran around all day. (Very productive, got a curling iron, 3rd try!) and a pedi with my mom! :) I also got a lot of packing done at 4am. Almost done. Let's just pray its under 100 lbs. But it's 11 and I'm still going strong. But when I fade, it will be fast!

But I finally got all of our guests list in one place- and its a beautiful excel spreadsheet if I do say so myself. Now the process of collecting addresses. Which thanks to the internet, might not be as bad as it could be.

Due to the fact that we had 500 guests we are going child free (minus the bridal party.) That wasn't my original thought, I do love children, but I think it's going to be for the best.

So now we just have to do a little more cutting. We're down to 378...need to be 250? So we have 200 in attendance?

This is the worst part of wedding planning by far. I feel like I"m playing a game of "who do I not want to piss off the most?" I adore everyone and wish everyone could come...but at some point you have to draw a line.

And RANDOM people who I haven't talked to in years are like "I better be invited..."
Ok, for 40 bucks you can: And I'll feed you at that price too :)

Thanks for listening, until everyone has to do their own guest list with a fine tooth comb it makes it hard to understand. But it makes me feel so much more honored to the weddings I am invited too.

In a side note- I bought my dress a month ago today! I can't believe it will "officially" be mine in TWO months :) I think I'm going to wear it everyday....doing dishes, watching tv. I may as well get my money's worth, right?

2 comments:

Erin Marie said...

I had the same exact guest list quandry! This is my single most dreaded wedding task! Ugh!

Boudoir photos are so much fun! My photographer made me feel very comfortable and took great shots (she showed me a few immediately afterward). I would highly recommend this liberating experience! Plus, if you are a modest type, the gift will be a fun surprise for your future hubby:P)

Anonymous said...

You're not alone. That part is awful. But you know what? Nobody will remember that in 10 years. It's your day. Let it be your day.

Plus, you really really really won't have everybody show up so send two rounds of invites - your A list 3.5 months in advance and B list about a month later. I know "B-listing" your friends sounds harsh, but it's better than some of your people not getting ANY hope of an invite.