It won't matter.
The ushers are wearing suits instead of tuxes.
It won't matter.
We decided to go with black linens instead of gold.
It won't matter.
After going to so many weddings this summer and seeing all the behind the scenes stuff that Shannon, Allison and I spent so many hours analyzing, planning, and then executing something completely different, I realize how much it really doesn't matter.
Yes, I am getting married. And Yes, it will be beautiful. But all the things I'm fretting, worrying, and stressing over- don't really matter.
The details make the wedding memorable, and I wouldn't change a thing. I love the planning and extra "Sean and Teisha touches" that we have put on the wedding, it's going to be one of the most memorable days of my life. But people are never gonna know that I spent
They won't know that for a long 2 hrs I planned every aspect of my wedding in the sanctuary as opposed to the church, but that it got shot down quicker than you can say "I do." (because of a revival).
What people will see is the look on Sean's face when he sees me coming down the isle, or the grins and tears of my bridesmaids as they stand beside me. They'll hear about the perfect 'mother/daughter movie moment' that my mom and I had when we picked out my dress. Or the God-sent vendors I've been given that I spend hours on the phone with not even talking about wedding stuff.
They'll see the cute flower girls, who are going to be my nieces and hear the prayers of our parents and friends supporting us in our new chapter of live together.
On August 23rd, people won't be able to tell you what food they had for dinner, or pick my flowers out of a line up- but they will be able to say
They were so happy and so in love. and will last.
and that's what truly matters.
2 comments:
Very well said!! I too remember those crazy decision days and even I look back and think about the special looks and how happy we were and are.
yes girl.
yes.
to all of it :)
Post a Comment