Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

the view from here...and ramblings









The picture is kind of blurry, but you get the idea.

I never thought I'd be a baby wearing mama, but it is one of my new favorite things. We live in the sling when we go out to run errands. He sleeps so peacefully and I can get everything I need to done.

I booked my flight to Anaheim for the pharmacy convention in December. Surreal that I am actually going for a purpose that will further my career...I feel like I am applying to pharmacy school all over again with residency applications, and letters of recommendations and such. It will be a fun P4 reunion though!

We traveled a lot the last two weeks. Went to Weatherford/Fort Worth where I got my first real dose of motherhood. (Read: diarrhea all over my shirt, shorts, hands, his feet, outfit and socks....in Target.) I'll spare you the pictures. (Of course I didn't take pictures...Not Me!)

We also went to Sean's parents cabins in the mountains, what a relaxing, fun weekend that was. Z did great on his first plane trip, sleeping the whole way.

It seems so much harder to get things done partially because I nap or sleep in almost every day and partially because someone would rather be in my arms than in his swing, bouncer, pack n play, floor mat, or boppy.


I go back to rotations in a little over two weeks.
I am going to miss this little guy so much....(just an excuse to post another picture of Z)

but I am ready to get back into the world of pharmacy. I've felt disconnected and am afraid I have forgotten what little I know.
If only I could bring him to work with me...the best of both worlds.

In the craziness of life I missed the second anniversary of my blog and didn't even post about my first wedding anniversary. (I can't believe it's been over a year!- and what an eventful year it has been!)

We ate year old wedding cake, (ew)


and I was more thankful for the extra space in my freezer than I was to eat cake, talked about our favorite day memories, went to Chilis for dinner, all while bouncing a fussy baby on our lap. A crazy year for sure, one we wouldn't change for the world...and one we are not attempting to "top" anytime soon either!

(We did get a proper date night thanks to my brother who babysat a couple of days before at a quaint little italian restaurant, and to hang out with friends the week after at a country music concert- which was my present to Sean!)

And just because this post isn't long enough- I'll end it with another picture.
I think the pictures I have previously posted have given you a false view of Z. He is a wonderful happy baby, but sometimes he gets a little upset.

And of course I didn't take his picture while he was upset just to document his first nap in his crib. (Sean wouldn't let me take it while he was asleep in fear of waking him up...)

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I was at the pharmacy getting a script and thought of you, just this morning. Great to hear Z is thriving and life is good. Hugs. ~Mindy