Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

What do you DO all day?

Never once in my life have I asked "What does a stay at home mom DO all day?"


I know what they do all day. I had the privilege of being raised by a mom who stayed at home.


I love the fact that she was home every day when I got home from school, that I could call her anytime on my cell phone from the bathroom and tell her exciting news about grades or gossip, or that she would bring me lunch when I forgot it. (Among a thousand other advantages....)


It's no easy task to run a household...

in case you were wondering what a stay at home mom does all day, here's a little piece of my day since I became a temporary one.


6:30AM- Wake up for feeding
7AM- back to bed 
7:10AM Wake up to screaming from bad gas pains -this proceeds off and on until 9:45
9:45- Feed
10:30- nap, I proceed to shower, get called out of the shower due to...


11:15-screaming from gas pains- 
11:25- back to sleep for Z - back to shower for me


pull sheets off the bed, turn on dryer and it proceeds to smell like smoke, turn off dryer, call husband. 


12:30- wake up happy- feed- huge blowout diaper all over the couch, mom, and baby
1:00- play, tummy time, talking, laughing
1:30- nap time- I straighten my hair, and proceed to make lunch...as microwave goes off, so does the nursery monitor...


And I think you get the point...(or got it back at 10:30AM)


so next time you think "What does a stay at home mom do all day?"


 
Now you know. Just think- they get paid less than half of what you do.







No comments: